Use of Information and Materials
All information and materials provided in this Web Site, whether provided by the Bank or any other information provider, are not intended to provide professional advice to its users. All investment products and services are not obligations of or guaranteed by the Bank and are subject to investment risks.
All information and materials provided in this Web Site, whether provided by the Bank or any other information provider, are provided for general information purposes only and are subject to change without prior notice to its users. While the Bank has exercise every effort to ensure the accuracy, no guarantee regarding the accuracy or completeness is given in connection with this information and materials.
The Customer understands that due to unpredictable traffic congestion, openness and public nature of the Internet and other reasons, the Internet may not be a reliable medium of communication and that such unreliability is beyond the control of the Bank. This may subject Transactions to delays in transmission, incorrect data transmission, delays in execution or execution of Instructions at prices different from those prevailing at the time Instructions were given, misunderstanding and errors in any communication between the Bank and the Customer, transmission blackouts, interruptions and so on.
Limitation of Liability
Under no circumstances, neither the Bank or its members will be liable or bear the responsibilities for any loss or damages of any kind, whether direct, indirect, special, incidental, or consequential losses, arising from accessing this Web Site or use or inability to use by any party. Provision of hyperlinks to other web sites is for the interest and convenience of users. The Bank will not accept any responsibility or obligation for any hyperlink to any other web site within this Web Site; the Bank does not verify, monitor, or endorse the content, opinions expressed, information, accuracy, and any other link provided by these linked web sites.
The Customer undertakes to: (a) keep and procure each of his authorized signatories and (where applicable) Delegated Person to keep his PIN, Security Code and any device(s) which including but not limited to personal computers, mobile devices and Security Devices for accessing internet services ("Devices") secure and secret and if the Customer and each of his authorized signatories and (where applicable) Delegated Person act in good faith and is diligent in safeguarding his PIN, Security Code and Devices, the Customer shall not be liable to the Bank for any unauthorized transactions made pursuant to instructions given through the Internet or electronic means; (b) inform the Bank as soon as reasonably practicable if the Customer knows or suspects that any unauthorized person knows the PIN and /or Security Code of the Customer or any of his authorized signatories or (where applicable) Delegated Person or that unauthorized transactions have been effected or finds or suspects that the PIN, Security Code and/or Devices have been compromised, lost or stolen and if the Customer fails to do so the Customer shall be liable for any unauthorized transactions made; and (c) be liable for all losses if the Customer or any of his authorized signatories or (where applicable) Delegated Person acts fraudulently or with gross negligence including failing to properly safeguard the PIN, Security Code and /or Devices of the Customer or any of his authorized signatories or (where applicable) Delegated Person.
The ownership of all information and materials provided in this Web Site is belonged to the Bank or any other information provider and subject to the Copyright. Without the prior written approval by the Bank, neither party could copy, reproduce or distribute any of the information or materials provided in this Web Site.
The purpose of this Statement is to establish policies and practices of the Bank's commitment to protect personal data privacy in accordance with the provisions of the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance ("Ordinance").
- Kinds of Personal Data Held by The Bank
There are two broad categories of personal data held by the Bank. They comprise personal data contained in the following:
- Personal data of customers
It is necessary for customers to supply the Bank with personal data from time to time in connection with the opening or continuation of accounts and the establishment or continuation of banking facilities or provision of banking services.
- Personal data of employees
Employee records, which include but are not limited to the name, contact details, date of birth, nationality, their identity card and / or passport numbers and place and date of issue, application forms, references, appraisal and disciplinary records, remuneration details and educational backgroun
- Purposes of Keeping Personal Data
- In relation to the customers:
The purposes for which data relating to customers may be used by the Bank as follows:
- the daily operation of the services, including ATM cards services and credit facilities provided to customers;
- conducting credit checks at the time of application for credit and at the time of regular or special reviews which normally will take place one or more times each year;
- creating and maintaining the Bank's credit scoring models;
- assisting other financial institutions, credit or charge card issuing companies and debt collection agencies to conduct credit checks and collect debts;
- ensuring ongoing credit worthiness of customers;
- designing financial services or related products for customers' use;
- marketing services, products and other subjects as set out in more detail in our "Notice to Customers relating to Customers' Data";
- determining the amounts of indebtedness owed to or by customers;
- collection of amounts outstanding from customers and those providing security for customers' obligations and the enforcement of obligations of customers and those providing security;
- complying with the obligations, requirements or arrangements for disclosing and using data that apply to the Bank or any of its branches or that it is expected to comply according to:
- any law binding or applying to it within or outside the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region ("Hong Kong") existing currently and in the future;
- any guidelines or guidance given or issued by any legal, regulatory, governmental, tax, law enforcement or other authorities, or self-regulatory or industry bodies or associations of financial services providers within or outside the Hong Kong existing currently and in the future;
- any present or future contractual or other commitment with local or foreign legal, regulatory, governmental, tax, law enforcement or other authorities, or self-regulatory or industry bodies or associations of financial services providers that is assumed by or imposed on the Bank or any of its branches by reason of its financial, commercial, business or other interests or activities in or related to the jurisdiction of the relevant local or foreign legal, regulatory, governmental, tax, law enforcement or other authority, or self-regulatory or industry bodies or associations;
- complying with any obligations, requirements, policies, procedures, measures or arrangements for sharing data and information within the group companies of Dah Sing Financial Holdings Limited ("DSFH") (which shall, for the purpose of this Statement , include Dah Sing Financial Holdings Limited and all of its local and overseas subsidiaries whether owned by it directly or indirectly) and/or any other use of data and information in accordance with any group-wide programmes for compliance with sanctions or prevention or detection of money laundering, terrorist financing or other unlawful activities;
- conducting matching procedures;
- enabling an actual or proposed assignee of the Bank, or participant or sub-participant of the Bank's rights in respect of the customer to evaluate the transaction intended to be the subject of the assignment, participation or sub-participation; and
- purposes relating thereto.
- In relation to the employees:
The purposes for which data relating to employees may be used by the Bank as follows:
- processing employment application;
- performing and providing reference and background check;
- reviewing, determining and administering salaries, bonuses and any other benefits;
- appraising job performance, consideration of promotion, training, secondment, transfer and career development;
- consideration of eligibility for staff loans and other benefits and entitlements;
- monitoring compliance with regulatory requirements and internal policies of the Bank.
- Collection of Personal Data
In relation to the collection of personal data, the Bank will provide the individuals and employees with a Notice to Customers relating to Customers' Data ("Notice") and Notice relating to the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance respectively, informing them the purpose of collection, classes of persons to whom the data may be transferred, their rights to access and correct the data and other relevant information.
When you visit the Bank's website or click on our online advertisements, cookies would be stored in your device. "Cookies" is a small-text file retrieved by the site, as part of our interaction with your browser. The Bank uses "cookies" to capture the information of your web pages visited, session identifiers and language preferences of e-Banking login site while no personal information is captured in the cookies. The information gathered by cookies may be used for session management, storing user preferences and tracking of web traffic statistics in which web visitors have visited and are interested in. Most web browsers are initially set up to accept cookies. You can choose to "not accept" by changing the settings on your web browsers. If you disable cookies in your web browsers, you will not be able to login e-Banking and access some of the site functions. No personally identifiable information will be transferred to third party.
- Security of Personal Data
The Bank commits to protect the personal data by restricting access by authorized personnel, providing secure data storage facilities and incorporating security measures into equipment in which data is held. Encryption technology is employed for sensitive data transmission.
If the Bank engages data processors to handle or process personal data on the Bank's behalf (whether within or outside Hong Kong), the Bank would adopt contractual or other means to prevent unauthorized or accidental access, processing, erasure, loss or use of the data transferred to the data processors for processing.
- Retention of Personal Data
The personal data provided by customers and/or the employees will not be kept longer than necessary for the fulfillment of the purposes for which the personal data are or are to be used at the time of the collection and for compliance with the legal, regulatory and accounting requirements from time to time.
- Disclosure of Personal Data
The personal data would not be disclosed to other parties unless such disclosure is made in accordance with the Notice and/or Notice relating to the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance in connection with the collection of employee records and/or the disclosure is permitted or required by any law binding on the Bank.
This Statement is subject to review and amend from time to time. Please approach the Bank and/or visit the Bank's website regularly for the Bank's latest Statement.
- Data Access Requests and Data Correction Requests
The Bank would comply with and process all data access and correction requests in accordance with the provisions of the Ordinance.
The Bank may impose a reasonable fee for complying with a data access request in accordance with the Ordinance.
Data access requests and data correction requests to the Bank may be addressed to the Bank's Data Protection Officer.
- Contact Details of the Bank's Data Protection Officer
Request for access to personal data or correction of personal data or for information regarding policies and practices on personal data and kinds of data held should be addressed to:
||Data Protection Officer
||Dah Sing Bank, Limited GPO Box 333, Hong Kong
We will continuously assess ourselves to ensure that our customer privacy is properly respected and protected. For details, please refer to the Notice to Customers relating to Customers' Data.
To learn about Positive Data Sharing
* The Chinese version is for reference only. If there is any conflict between the English and the Chinese versions, the English version shall prevail.